Sonntag, 20. Februar 2011

delicious and evernote synchronisation via ifttt

Today I checked out evernote.com which is pretty cool. You can add notes ans snapshots and links to your account via mobile or desktop client.
What I like best is acctually the OCR Feature, which makes a iPhone snapshots of  anything written searchable.




But while thinking to try out evernote for some time, I am also wondered what to do with my delicious bookmarks because you can save links in evernote as well.
Delicious has other nice features you do'nt have in evernote like sharing links and looking for links in the community.

I do not really want to give up delicious. Others thought of this problem as well and were looking of a way to sync evernote and delicious, but as far as I see there is nothing there yet.

And then I thought about ifttt.com, which receives events from one app to trigger tasks in another app.
So I tried to create new notes in evernote if a new link in delicious occures.

It was supprisingly easy to configure. And voilà, It works! At least one way...

Curious what ifttt will be useful for in the future....

Keine Kommentare: